The General Ledger Accountant will process a variety of journal entries and reconciliations and perform various support functions as required as a part of the accounting department. The accountant needs to be proficient in financial statement preparation, review and analysis. In addition, the accountant may be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing projects and tasks that fall outside the normal operation of the Accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare reconciliation of general ledger, bank and site accounts;
• Reconciles monthly credit card accounts with bank statements;
• Manages fixed assets;
• Create and post journal entries;
• Financial statement preparation, review and analysis;
• Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations;
• Leads or assists in implementation of approved projects;
• Ability to quickly learn, master and troubleshoot accounting software and its applications;
• Create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets as directed;
• Monthly variance analysis;
• Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal policies;
• Perform specific tasks as assigned by Supervisor;
• Follow all Company policies and procedures;
• Composes and processes routine correspondence;
• Input and maintain Excel spreadsheets as directed;
• Utilize personal computer in windows system and electronic mail;
• Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers;
• Work in a safe manner at all times;
• Other duties as assigned;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each of the above stated essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. General accounting experience is a must. Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Knowledge of general ledger entries and their impact on financial statements. Exposure to multiple accounting software systems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related technical field in addition to 5 or more years of experience. Relevant workplace experience may be a substitute for formal education.
LANGUAGE and/or COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Ability to communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations. Use of a personal computer in the English language is required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties.