Provide support to Plant HR Manager in all functional areas of human resources including employment, employee records, employee relations, performance evaluations, employee development, training and special projects.
• Provide support with maintaining employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant and corporate guidelines and in compliance with all local, state and federal employment laws including EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and any applicable Affirmative Action Plans.
• Provide support with performance management activities such as disciplinary reviews, terminations, standard employee reviews and succession planning. Documents appropriate information throughout the performance management process.
• Provide support with training staff on topics such as performance reviews, discrimination/harassment, alcohol and drug policy, and participate in orientation training to all employees.
• Provide support with proactive employee relations activities including coaching, counseling, investigations, and dispute resolution. Assist with employee relations issues including employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
• Provide assistance with employee special events such as cook-outs and other social events.
• Provide support with plant staffing planning and maintain regular communications and coordination with corporate Recruiting Manager and the assigned Recruiter;
• Provide support with continuous improvement of HR policies, procedures and programs through coordination and consultation with Corporate HR Manager.
• Provide support with unemployment claims related to facility employees
• Maintain facility level employee files;
• Other duties as assigned;
1 year of HR Specialist experience desired but not required. Bachelor’s degree is a plus. Bilingual in Spanish and English also a plus.
• Must be able to work from mid/late June to early/mid-September
• Must be able to work very long hours (up to 12-18 hours a day, 6-7 days a week) in cold, wet and humid conditions
• Must be able to work well in close proximity with others
• General use of Microsoft office