This is a seasonal position. You will be required to work at one of our processing facilities in Alaska. This is an entry level position
Silver Bay Seafoods (SBS) is currently looking for experienced Technical Support to work in one of our Alaska based seafood processing facilities. The Technical Support position is responsible for plant tech support in coordination with corporate IT Staff. The employee will work directly with the facilities staff and senior level administrators to resolve problems and provide support.
Airfare from Seattle to the plant is provided as well as your return ticket. Also provided is housing and food while on location. The season typically lasts roughly 3-4 months during the summer.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Provide support for Microsoft Office and Windows 7,10
• Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
• Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken including installation activities.
• Read technical manuals, confer with users and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems.
• Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
• Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
• Assist senior level administrators with daily tasks as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Helpdesk experience with Microsoft products preferred
• Industry certifications and MCSE preferred
• Employee has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the IT Department
• Timely and regular attendance
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills play a huge role in the Technical Support position. The Technical Support will be expected to install and perform minor repairs on all
hardware, software, networks and any peripheral equipment. The incumbent possesses a developed understanding of how to investigate and resolve problems under pressure and time constraints. They are able to handle multiple issues simultaneously with effective written and verbal communication skills. Employee is detail oriented and capable of adapting to changing priorities, tasks, and work schedules to meet customer service standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must occasionally climb ladders.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee needs the ability to multitask in a high demand, fast-paced environment. Focus and concentration on customer service, providing a quick resolution to technological difficulties, and clear concise communication are critical. The employee needs to regularly demonstrate attention to detail when maintaining an accurate log of daily activities within the facility.
The incumbent must possess a keen sense of the importance of punctuality for a variety of designated tasks. The employee is required to use creativity, problem solving, independent judgment and discretion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. All meals are provided on location.